5 Wellington Place, Leeds
Principal Contractor: Wates Construction
Scope Of Works: Hard Landscaping
Works Completed: May 2018
Offering five-stories of grade A office accommodation with ancillary retail space, 5 Wellington Place is located on the junction of Northern Street and Whitehall Road, making it a prominent landmark building for Leeds. The state-of-the-art facility is part of the ongoing Wellington Place scheme and consists of 75,257 sq ft of office space.
Following construction of the building and landscaping of the surrounding outdoor space, a change to some of the surfacing was specified. As a result of our previous involvement in the Wellington Place scheme, we were invited by Wates Construction to tender for the resurfacing works.
Following a successful tender process, we began works in March 2018, with the scope of our works covering:
- Breaking out 485m2 spray & chip tarmac
- Removal of existing street furniture
- Excavation of existing sub-base and reinstatement of new
- Installation of 485m2 granite paving to match existing
- Installation of 95m of granite feature banding
- Reinstatement of street furniture